Chaba Ingwe Safari LodgeFor the discerning adventurer and photographer
Chaba Ingwe Safari's lies within the breathtaking Waterberg Mountain Range in the Limpopo Province, and is situated on 1500ha of privately-owned property, and plays host to more than 30 species of Wildlife. Chaba Ingwe has three of the big six, namely, Buffalo, Hippo, and Leopard, besides the abundance of other Wildlife.
Chaba Ingwe Safaris offers a unique opportunity for the discerning adventurer/photographer. A real African experience that tourists seldom see. Few places give one a greater feeling of being part of the real Africa than the majestic Waterberg Mountain area. It boasts as being one of the most varied geological, archaeological, and cultural systems in the world, and quite understandably, enjoys World Heritage Status. The property also incorporates a great diversity of terrains, such as savannah, bush, rock formations, mountain views, waterfalls, deep gorges, riverine vegetation, and more.
The lodge is unique in that all the building's finishes are in beautiful textures that blend into the surrounding natural rocks. The interior is lavishly furnished with solid wooden furniture, handmade and carved from trees on the property.
The lodge is ideally suited for the more laid-back Client who wishes to relax in the bush, with magnificent views of the early morning sunrises. You will also be pampered by our excellent resident Chef, who prepares and serves superb meals that will be sure to tantalize your taste buds, and friendly staff that sees to all your needs. For those interested in stargazing, the clear night sky over the Waterberg area is truly amazing! Since there is no pollution in the area, the stars seem touchable, creating a magnificent ambiance.
The fully equipped lodge is built on a rocky outcrop, and the entertainment area is nestled amongst, and part of huge rocks that are thousands of years old. There are 4 fully furnished en-suite chalets, each with their own private entrance, strategically placed amongst the surrounding rocks.
THE LODGE FURTHER CONSISTS OF:
Four Chalets each equipped with air conditioning, two single beds which can be converted into one double bed, coffee station & hairdryer
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Bar/lounge area
- Swimming Pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Outside boma with barbeque
- Games room for the more active that want to participate in table tennis, darts, card, and board games
- 06h15 – Wakeup call at first light, followed by coffee and rusks at the lodge
- 09h00 – 11h00 – A buffet breakfast will be served
- 19h30 – A three-course dinner will be served. After dinner, guests can relax in the bar area or around the campfire.
GAME DRIVES (Two free game drives per person per day)
Fully equipped game viewing vehicles for those who enjoy a more subtle African experience.
Game drives to be arranged according to your requirements eg, early morning drives as you watch the sunrise, or late afternoon drives sipping sundowners while the sun sets.
- 07h00 - 09h00 – Morning game drive
- 16h00 – 19h00 – Afternoon and evening game drive, complete with sundowners
Times for all pre-planned activities including, Excursions, Clay Pigeon Shooting and Walking trails will be determined by CHABA INGWE SAFARIS.
CLAY PIGEON SHOOTING
This is excellent fun for all, even the novice
We offer 2 different exiting walking trails which meander through the bush, rocky outcrops, gorges etc.
We offer excursions in close proximity to our game farm as follows:
- Zipline with a lunch
- Visit to an exclusive wildlife park consisting of Lions, Leopard, Tigers, Wolves, and many more wild animals.
- Visits to:
- Curio shops
- St Johns Church
- Kamatsogo Crafts and Art
- Jan Botha Museum
- Goats Cheese Farm
- Rhino Museum
|Adults||R3800.00 Per single person per night|
|2 Adults sharing||R6900.00 Sharing per night|
|Children 12 years and older||Full adult rates|
|Children 5 – 12 years old||R2900.00 Per child per night|
|Children under 5 years old||Free of charge|
- Breakfast and Dinner
- 2 Game Drives per day
- Walking Trails once daily
- Clay Pigeon shooting once daily
- All items of a personal nature
- Any other item/s not described above
- Check-in time from 13H00
- Check-out time by 11H00
- All our rates are further subjected to our Booking Terms and Conditions, and also acceptance of our Indemnity/ Rules which can be found at the bottom of our website.
- Our accommodation policy is subject to a minimum booking of two adults sharing a chalet
- All bookings made will be subjected to a minimum stay of 2 nights
NEED TO KNOW
Daytime temperature ranges from 14°C - 25°C. The dry seasons run from May to September, with June and July relatively cold. The wet season starts in November and ends in March.
WHAT TO PACK
During the summer months, the weather can be hot and sticky. You may want to bring a few outfits.
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sun hat, sunglasses, and sunblock
- Camera and binoculars
- Bathing suit
- Warm jacket for winter times
- Beanie and gloves – mornings are cold during the winter
- Walking stick
The Waterberg is a Malaria free area
- Closest Airports (s) Lanseria Airport – 260km
- OR Tambo International – 280km